||The final volume in Manuel Castells' trilogy is devoted to processes of global social change induced by interaction between networks and identity.
"The most compelling attempt yet made to map the contours of the global information age." Anthony Giddens, New Statesman.
Part I: A Time of Change.
1. The Crisis of Industrial Statism and the Collapse of the Soviet Union.
2. The Rise of the Fourth World: Informational Capitalism, Poverty, and Social Exclusion.
3. The Perverse Connection: the Global Criminal Economy.
4. Development and Crisis in the Asian Pacific: Globalization and the State.
5. The Unification of Europe: Globalization, Identity, and the Network State.
On The Web